We will offer a student placement to 1-2 people per year to work with us, as part of your Business Degree. We’re looking for bright, articulate and numerate individuals. It is a 12 month placement based in Edinburgh but may involve travel within the UK and/or overseas. Our programme aims to develop your personal and leadership skills and give you practical knowledge of our business.
The 12 month placement will involve spending time in a number of different departments within the business. There will be a mixture of training, job shadowing and carrying out tasks within the teams.
Skills and attributes:
- Currently studying a business degree
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- An interest in the Property and Investment industry
- Good organisational skills
The position offers a salary of £24,000.
The programme will include management training in the form of in-house training, workshops, and one-to-one job shadowing.
How to apply:
- Please complete a DISC profile to help us learn about your individual strengths.
- To complete the DISC report, click here.
- Curious about DISC? There’s a lot on the web. For a good, short, starting video, click here
- Tell us a bit about yourself, and why you are applying for the role, in a covering letter.
- Send your DISC report, your CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your email should clearly state what position you are applying for.
|Day 1 – Meet with Directors, tour of office, introductions, IT and HR Induction.
||Month 1 – Lettings
Month 2 – Applications/Move Ins
Month 3 – Finance
- Lettings Support: Inbound and outbound sales calls, arrange virtual and physical viewings, marketing and rent increases.
- Lettings Negotiator: Virtual and physical viewings, pre-marketing inspections, negotiating terms and tenant retention
- Processing new tenants applications and referencing.
- Complete all pre move in checks e.g. “right to rent” checks
- Work alongside Let Alliance
- Generate Tenancy Agreements
- Update SME
- Processing payments for factor fees, utilities, and advance payments.
- Manage tenants’ direct debits, rent collections and rent arrears.
- Make payments to clients and contractors.
- Purchase Ledger: manage and process purchase invoices and expenses
- Raise invoices for development and interiors.
- Manage Petty cash
- Sales ledger: process invoices
- Credit Cards
||Month 4 – Inspections
Month 5 – Repairs
Month 6 – Compliance
- Undertake inspections of properties
- Complete Fire Risk Assessments
- Check void properties in line with Insurance requirements.
- Preparing and diarising Inventory and Move Out inspections.
- Support the Repairs Team with site visits
- Manage safety certification instructions
- HMO admin for new applications and renewals of licences
- Work with Inspections to arrange and prepare council check and site notices.
- Manage utilities
- Process Tenancy Deposit Returns
- Provide informative ‘self-help’ guides for tenants
- Arrange tenants’ repairs
- Manage client expenditure by minimising unnecessary contractor call outs
- Ensure tenant liability costs are charged accordingly
- Manage communal repairs.
||Month 7 – Renovations
Month 8-9 – Property Investment Managers
- Project management
- Meeting with sub-contractors
- Review and meet budgetary objectives
- Complete financial analysis
- Develop Project plans
- Meet the Health & Safety Compliance Regulations
- Assist with renovation administration.
Property Investment Managers:
- Provide monthly updates to tenants and landlords.
- Carry out annual landlord health checks
- Carry out annual inspections
- Help clients grow their portfolio
- Obtain tenant and landlord testimonials
- Identify good investment proposition
||Month 9- 12 – Investment
- Sourcing and winning great opportunities, which work as an investment.
- Carrying out accurate property assessments.
- Liaising with surveyors on values and condition.
- Identify and maintain off market contacts
- Assist with furnishing properties after renovations are complete.
- Arrange videos of newly renovated properties.
- Drive property transactions to successful completion.
- Laisse with solicitors and banks.
- Understand clients needs.
- Assist with Social Media and Website updates.
- Manage new investor queries
- Delivery of client comms
- Provide partner support.
- Assist with client referrals
- Assist with arranging and carrying out Webinars
Private Clients and New Business:
- Assist with new client meetings.
- Match properties to new and existing clients